The CUMPRINC Function in Excel returns the cumulative principal paid on a loan between the start and end period. This is an excellent tool to quickly understand your total principle on a loan. Plus, it’s extremely easy to setup and use. Let’s take a look.
=CUMPRINC(rate, nper, pv, start_period, end_period, type)
- rate – The interest rate per period.
- nper – Total number of payments for the loan.
- pv – Present value/total value of the loan
- start_period – First payment
- end_period – Last payment
- type – When payments are due. 0 = end of period. 1 = beginning of period.
CUMPRINC Function Example
Let’s look at the following Example.